Thursday, February 1, 2018

Mixed Media Lg Envie & Face




On Facebook, I am in a group called Our Friendship Journal. We are making a journal page about every month. The pages are 8x10, and I just make mine on regular copy paper, that will thicken up after many layers of paint and sealer. I do not have a picture of it, I may try to take some pictures of the other pages I started, and have not journaled on. These are the large flat envelopes that I mail my journal pages in. I love to alter envelopes, they are primarily my "scrap" papers for excess paints when I am gelli printing. I just roll the extra paint on them to get a start on the background. I have a hard time waiting for paints and gel mediums to dry, so instead of taking a heat tool or blow dryer to it, I will just start another project....usually having 5 to 10 going on at the same time;) 1 to 3 projects will be the main focus, with several others just starting a base coat for them. 


This is probably my favorite between the two. 



You can still see some of the manila color in the back ground....not sure if I like that or not.


This picture below, I drew of my daughter, Ella. I honestly did NOT expect it to turn out so well. I do not draw faces that often, can probably count on one hand the times that I have actually sat down to draw a face. I would love to get more into it, with art journaling. I feel like I would ruin it if I tried to color it in though....this is why I am going to scan and make a copy to color, versus winging it with the original. She was not in a good mood when I was doing this, and I tried to capture her droopy eyes without it looking all wonky. Love the shape of the face though, its the same as mine too. 





Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment