Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Backgrounds, Decos, n Messy Desk

These are some backgrounds that I have been working on. I think they will be cut up and made for some ATCs. I am in an ATC group where we can post pictures of our ATCs, then other members of the group can comment if they want to trade some of theirs for mine. I have not posted any of mine yet, but I have several that I have made and plan to post as soon as I am a bit better after my surgery I will have tomorrow.



Just painted circles with my fingers in various colors, then used a fine liner to  mark around them....that's it.



This one turned out better then I thought. I use the make up wedges to stamp little rectangles....I didn't plan, just added them to fill the page. Then I used the fine liner around the border of each rectangle.



This was fun, a lot of these pages are done on  cereal boxes that have been gesso'd, and they start out as a scrap page.....where I use up all the ink that is left over from the "main" project. Then when it starts to get some character, I will give it more attention and care more about making it look good/usable for some projects. I am still practicing and basically using "trial and error" with my fine liner....since these will be cut up and layered several times more, it will hide "mistakes";)


This started out as inspired by a "mood board" in one of my  Facebook groups....but I am not quite sure it will fit that mood. Maybe once I cut it down to ATCs, some I can continue with the mood board inspiration. I really like this one though, it turned out pretty cool looking. I have also been practicing with a calligraphy dip pen I have recently purchased. Yea, there is gonna be a huge learning curve with that thing;) I was listening my my preachers sermon on my computer and just writing some things down that he was saying. 





And of course, I cannot go a crafting day without taking lovely picture of my mess;) It is pretty much  always looking like this. I do go through and try to clean and organize....not to clean really, but to see what I have forgotten about and try to use it! LOL!

These are Art Decos I made for swaps with new private swappers, and swap-bot.  I REALLY love the way these turned out. I just started to cover the cardstock, laying a background and add some texture with stencils. Add some other paper for more textures. Then more stencils and did some fine liner drawing and framing in with that. I drew a few back ground things in, added the focal point, then wanted to do light shades over the focal point to blend in with the background. Then added a sentiment and some texture paste with the cursive stencil. If I really wanted to finish it off, I would go through and do some time consuming shading around the focal points to really get them to pop....but I thought these looked pretty good as is. 



That was it for that day/days. I did these things a few weeks ago. I posted them on my new crafting instagram page...its marlowesmakingsnmail. Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment