Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mail In ^_^

Hello, so we were pretty much sick the whole day yesturday. Me and the kids have terrible fevers, body aches, and a raw cough. Ella's temperature got up to 104.7, but finally everyone was okay. Now today, my husband Matt has it. Poor guy went to bed around 6 o'clock. He should sleep well, I remember sleeping good yesterday off and on all day. So, I did not even make it down stairs to even touch my crafting things. I thought about crafting though...as usual. If you wonder what I think about at night while lying in bed...its usually crafting or art of some sort! LOL! Or I am going over what swaps I have due when and how I will make them so it goes by faster. I tend to procrastinate a lot, and so when I am not actually crafting, I am thinking of how I am going to design that ATC or card, or fb or whatever. But, I must say I do some of my favorite art when I am pushed for time. Also, when I don't really try hard...that may sound weird, but it seems when I "just do it"...(yea not like the poly clay "just do it"!!), but like putting papers down, stamping, washi taping ATCs and such....I learn some of the best techniques and it is really stress free when I just don't think too much about the process. 

Okay on with the incoming swaps:-) Here are the pics!


The card above came in from a swap on Swap-bot. It was via the group Crafting Queens group...Happy Birthday card with a butterfly on it. I am very pleased with it. First one I have seen that opens like this....(see Below)

   
It says, "In all the things of nature there is Something of the Marvelous" by Aristotle. 

This next pic here below is of a two swaps that I got yesterday but was too sick to post about. They are very fat, which it is great to get "fat" mail. The first I will share with you all is from Elizabeth in IL. We just started swapping via facebook group USA fbs.  We have done a couple quick swaps and I will have to take my time with her return swap this time cause of all these lbs I have. I think we try to fit about 20 fbs and 20 lbs in these 6x9 envies! I just love getting a stuffed 6x9 envelope of fbs. We swap nice n neat fbs. Before we started she asked me what I considered nice n neat for a friendship book. I told here the ones in booklet-form that have some sort of decoration on the front:-) Which, I think others standards for nice n neat might be higher, but as long as it is in a neat booklet with some effort on the front decoration, I will swap it:-) I do have hq swappers that we just swap hq fb, and that is fine too. I just like to see more swappers in fb. When you get to the high quality, you tend to see the same swappers over and over. And you know I love all yawl, but I do like to see more variety. And since I am REALLY trying to swap only in the USA except for swap-bot and yahoo groups, its nice to see some US peeps in the fbs. 

Okay on with these pics. The second swap is from Joy in HI:-) We been swapping LONG TIME:-) Joy puts a smile on my face....great friend. We pen-pal as well. She is the first person that introduced me to the world of hq fbs. I remember when I first started swapping, seeing a Hello Kitty fb that she made with those beautiful border stickers and thinking...how on earth can someone put something like that together...."its just out of my reach". She has helped me a lot with learning about making quality fbs. 



Here below is the lbs that came with Elizabeth's swap. Anyone taking excess lbs??



 Here are some of the fbs that she sent in her swap.




Below are some of the hq fbs that Joy sent with her swap.



More fbs below from Joy's swap.



Here below are some nice hq fbs that are going to Jonna A. in Finland. Two are homers for her and one is for Diana in Bulgaria and the other to Silvia Maja in Germany. Jonna is kind enough to send those other two home:-) Thanks so much!!!!



I guess that is it for now. I have been trying to think of what I want to make tonight. It is almost 8 so I do have enough time to make a couple swaps up. The kids are watching a mermaid show on the I-pad.....arguing....

  
.....bad attitudes, now Matthew is on my phone watching his "own" movie:-) Okay, I gotta go check Facebook and get to my craft desk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment