Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Handmade card for swap


Last night I actually did get some crafting done. I did this card below with a two year old in my lap the whole time, nursing off and on. He got to play with my beloved butterfly cling stamps. Usually I don't really keep up with what he plays with...unless it could hurt him, but if he gets my poly clay roller or something like that, I don't bother to see where it ends up, but I was on him like a hawk with my stamps...I love those things!! LOL! I know that stuff he misplaces will show up eventually. 

I had fun with this card...

    
Okay, now that I am looking at this card...I think I need to add something on the ribbon part. I am going to put a couple flowers there....maybe I have a nice brad too....or button? hmmm...

Anyways, here is the inside....


And I think that I like the format of the inside better then the front of this card. Lets see what I can go do real quick and I will post another picture on below here...:-)


Okay so I ended up seeing my washi tape and the flower on top is dark so I thought it would go well together. Then I swap my distress ink and had to darken the edges of the card...then I saw my glimmer mist and did a little of that, so now I think it looks tons better:-) To me, it just looked to plain before, not it's not so plain....I hope my partner is pleased. The group the swap is from takes pride on doing nicer than normal work, so I hope my card is ok.  

It was a little difficult gluing the flower with all that stringy stuff around it. My regular favorite glue is the Scotch quick-dry adhesive. That is some fast drying glue and does not warp the paper as bad as other slower glues, but it does not do well with "stringy" stuff, but this Fabri-tac is the bomb! It is so good, better the got glue. It will grab and hold anything...and its clear:-) Really, if you cannot find a strong glue for your mixed media art, this stuff will do the job. The only bad thing, is it smells like it is dangerous! LOL! Yea the smell is just...hmmm...just don't smell it:-) 



Okay, well that is what I got done yesterday. I am hoping for some more crafting time tonight at some point. I am thinking of doing some "very high quality" fbs via yahoo groups:-) I feel crafty and will probably get them creative-crushing, but very flashy border stickers out;-) Have a great night you all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment