Thursday, November 30, 2017

Art Journaling - Newbie Here!


Yes, so I am very new to Art journaling. I have watched several artists on Youtube. Once I tried it, I just love it. So, of course I have to try the mixed media girls....and probably like everyone that started out, I am having a hard time blending the face in. I guess it will come with experience and trial n error. At least the trial part is relaxing and fun. Errors can be pleasantly surprising though.

Below is the very first girl. I really love the back ground and almost feel guilty covering it up, but I think once I get better at the other part...the actual focus of the page, I will not mind so much;)

Not done, but it's got a nice start. I am over halfway done for sure, just need some touch ups...no major changes.


Below is part of a drawing my daughter did on regular printer paper. She did the face and hair. I did paint over and redraw the eyes, nose, and mouth though. Oh, and I changed the hair, that is on the head, up a bit. The "balls" of hair is what my daughter drew, and colored. So, I just used those colors as a starting point. Anyways, I love the colors in it the best.

Using my daughters drawing as the focus. Not done but almost;)


Below is just some flowers I was making. I was watching a Youtube video when I was making this page. I am not done....the far right flower is missing a pot. Anyways, I am just messing around with his one. I still think it looks neat though...not neat as in orderly, but neat as in cool;)

Just playing around and having fun with this one.


So, I did learn something. I learned that I do not like to use mod podge to cover my pages. It seems kinda sticky even after it dries. I like to use the matte mediums. I need to get a new thing of it. Well, I am excited to do some more journaling like this as well as work on these again...in 10 years...probably;) Thanks!! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment